7 Clever ways to increase your website traffic
Admit it, every business owner wants to increase website traffic fast.
Whether your website is brand new or 5 years old, if you’ve never looked into how to get more traffic, chances are people won’t find your website.
99% of blog posts are never seen. Business websites without blogs often fare even worse. But there are other ways to get found by your target customers.
These 7 clever techniques will increase website traffic fast.
1. PPC Ads (Super Fast!)
Let’s start with the super fast way to increase website traffic fast. That’s PPC. PPC or pay per click is when you pay a search engine like Google to show your ad in the search results in a special and very visible section for ads.
Over 50% of website traffic comes in through a search engine. So this is a great place to be when you need to increase website traffic fast. Nearly half of all query results will include ads. If you’re not advertising here, your competitors are.
2. Social Media Ads
Social media ads are similar to PPC. The main difference is that you’re using the data that the social media platform has collected to send ads to the right people.
The exception is Pinterest, which is keyword based like Google Ads.
But why social media?
There are around 3 billion active social media users around the world. That’s 42% market penetration rate. 50% of people check Facebook daily.
That’s more people than watch TV now.
If a person has Internet, they have 1 or more social media accounts. Your target customers are here. But are they buying?
41% of people say they use the Internet to stay in touch. 40% want to stay informed.
39% use it because they’re bored and looking to be entertained.
The number 8 reason people use social media is to learn about new products and services they may want to buy.
50% of people say that social media is the best place to show them an ad. 57% say social media ads are more relevant to them. And that’s why they like it.
But advertising on social media isn’t like running a radio commercial. Here’s what you need to know to use social media ads to increase website traffic fast.
3. Boosted Posts
Do you already have a post that did very well with your social media fans? Get the most out of it by boosting that post. Think of your social media fans as your testing area in addition to potential customers.
If they like something, then that means your target audience does as well. Platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram will allow you to send the post to a wider audience of people similar to your own.
You can create a lookalike audience that looks like your followers. You can upload your own list of contacts to re-engage your existing customers. Or select traits and locations to target similar to a regular ad.
But not every ad that does well is worth boosting. Remember, your goal is to increase website traffic fast. Let’s look at what makes a great boostable post.
Criteria for Boosting a Post
- The post was popular among your fans. If you don’t currently have many fans, you can also use boosted posts to get more fans.
- The post directs them to your website. Sometimes you share the content of others on social media to engage in between original content. But don’t pay for free advertising to other people by boosting a post that links to someone else’s site.
- The post has a video or image attached. Posts with a visual have a 650% higher engagement rate.
- It appeals to a larger audience. If the post was about an employee of the month or a contest that’s already over, it may not appeal to a larger audience. It appealed to your fans because they had unique interest in the post.
4. Social Media Posts
If you already have a following on social media, this is one of the cheapest ways to increase website traffic fast. Time is still involved, of course.
Share content on your website with a great headline and image/gif. If you don’t have a following, it’s time to start building a social media following. Reap the rewards of an instant audience when you have something to share.
Here are some important best practices to apply to increase website traffic fast with social media posts.
Social Sharing Best Practices
- Don’t be salesy. Rarely, if ever, link to your product or services pages directly. Instead get people invested in great content on your site. Or lead them to a landing page with a special offer just for your fans. Keep direct promotion to a minimum. This is the social way to promote your website.
- Write Compelling Headlines. Don’t just share and expect people to click. Research what makes a great headline and use analytics to find out which headlines perform best.
- Use Images and Videos. People on Twitter are 18% more likely to click a link if there’s an image. Remember, people have endless feeds of content. You have less than 2 seconds to get attention. A visual is the only way to get attention long enough for them to check out what you have to say.
- Time your posts and be consistent. Do you save all of your social media tasks for Saturday? You’ll have lackluster results. The only way to engage and keep people engaged is through regular sharing.
- Use social media automation. If you have trouble managing social media every day, use automation. This isn’t the best solution. Daily monitoring of social media is advisable. But it’s a good start. Ensure you have full monitoring when you work with a social media management company.
5. Permission-Based Email Marketing
We’re discussing how to increase website traffic fast. The method that will work best for you depends on what tools you have at your disposal. Some methods are much more cost-effective in the long-run. They’re better in the long term as part of a comprehensive strategy to drive traffic.
Email subscribers are 3X as likely to share your content with others. 88% of retail marketers say emails are the best way to retain customers and keep them buying more. The ROI on email is 44:1, which beats out any other channel by far.
In permission-based email marketing, build an email list of people interested in your brand. Then send content to them regularly to nurture that relationship.
77% of consumers (and 86% of B2B buyers) say permission-based email is the preferred way for you to communicate with them. Let’s take a look at the best way to use email to drive website traffic.
6. Influencer Marketing
Want to increase website traffic fast? Hire an influencer. An influencer is a person who already has a following and influence among your target audience. Generally, they’ll share something with their social media followers.
Don’t think “superstar” like an NBA player. Think more practically to get influencer marketing without the million dollar price tag.
It could be a:
- Non-competitor in your industry
- Local celebrity
- Subject matter expert
- Someone that aligns with your brand (it’s not confusing or harmful to each other’s fans/customers)
There are now available tools that you can try to search for these influencers. There’s NinjaOutreach and Awario that lets you search and filter influencers to find those who are fit for your brand. It also helps to check their social and other online activities first. What are the things that they usually write or talk about? And how do they interact and engage with their followers? These factors are worth noting when searching for the best influencer to represent your brand.
Reach out. Ask them to share your website with their fans. They may ask for some compensation. Don’t pay anything crazy. But do recognize their value. They’ve spent time building a following even if it only takes 2 seconds to share something.
SEO is the best way to increase website traffic. It increases your visibility in search engines. It’s best because it delivers long-term, sustainable results with ongoing SEO maintenance. But it’s not exactly fast in comparison to the other options we have given you to increase website traffic fast.
Here are some things you need to know if you’re considering SEO.
Increase Website Traffic
These useful techniques will help you increase website traffic fast. Remember to set a budget and use analytics to keep any campaign on track.
Are you struggling to get more traffic fast? We can help you apply proven traffic-generation techniques. Contact us for a free consultation.Do you have more ideas on how to increase website traffic fast? Share them with us in the comments below.